musician & producer
DJ Lou Kash
Upcoming public events:
Thursday, 12 July 2018, 20 h
Saturday, 28 July 2018, 23 h
T.D.J.F.K.A.V.Ö.A.N.F.K.A.L.K. (The Dee Jay Formerly Known As Van Ögl And Now Formally Known As Lou Kash) schpiut F.O.N.K.D.I.S.C.O. (Funky Orgiastic Nightly Keen Dance In Stunning Countryside Opulence)
Prince Night @ Alti Chäsi
Hürnberg 451, 3503 Gysenstein
Thursday, 16 August 2018, 20 h
Guitarist, bass guitarist, arranger, songwriter.
- bluesalot.ch – blues combo since 2006
- “Lou Kash schpiut en Art vo Blues” – singer/songwriter solo program since 2017
- Meniello & Lou Kash – acoustic duo with Neapolitan singer and guitarist Carmine “Meniello” Curcio (of the “Zisa” group), performing old Neapolitan street songs and tarantellas since 2018
Formerly member of various bands, busking and stage projects, like Ugly Blues Connection (1984–1985), Ugly Bluz […]ected (1985–1988), Freistoss (1985–1997), Im böhmischen Wald (1989–1993), Stiller Has (1990–1991), Ü (1990–1992), Circo Morelli (1993–1994, 1997), The Plookers (1993–1999), Frustpuppies (1995, 1998), M·Ø·P·P (1997–1998), Morelli S&M (1998–2000), Madam Gladyola & Das Grausen (2000), Thomas Belmont Workshop Band (2001–2003), and numerous other one-off or short-term live productions.
Guitar tutor 1989–1999.
LP & CD compilation producer for Vampisoul & Munster Records (Madrid, Spain) since 2007, specialized on music licensed from the catalog of the Czech label Supraphon. On the respective releases responsible for track selection and sequencing, research, liner notes writing, complete graphic design, and since 2013 also for the complete audio mastering.
1995–1999 also mobile studio engineer and recording supervisor for various local groups in Bern, Switzerland. Producer of Marco Morelli’s first solo album “Tätsch” in 1998, co-producer of “Morelli S&M” in 2000. Co-producer of Dänu Boemle’s “Columbiana” radio play and CD for EditioNovembre in 2002.
DJ Lou Kash
Digital set focused on 20th century dance music, particularly 1960s & 1970s oldies, soul, funk & disco.
- Notebook with thousands of tracks, pluggable directly into an amplifier.
- Tablet with hundreds of preselected tracks per request, mixed “freestyle” and headphone-less, pluggable directly into an amplifier.
- Exclusive vinyl-only jazz & soul “lounge” set. Professional quality DJ turntables with mixing console required.
Available for public or private parties, birthdays, weddings, or corporate events.
1993–2009 also club DJ with funk, soul, jazz, hip-hop, disco & oldies vinyl repertoire, initially performing as “DJ van Øgl”, resident at Reitschule Bern, Wasserwerk Bern, Silo Bern, Atlantis Basel, and primarily 1996–2009 at Kuppel Basel.
1997–1998 radio DJ and presenter of the weekly show “Hmm… mir gfallt das!” at Radio RaBe.